Terra Flooring is currently seeking qualified Flooring Installers for an immediate start. The correct candidate will need experience in several types of flooring; such us carpet, timber, bamboo and vinyl, within others.
Must be confident in the operation process of planning and preparing installations, cutting, placing, and seaming materials; as also in maintaining safe working conditions and supervising a 1st year apprentice.
• Work alongside with the homeowner, builder or architect in order to solve any concerns.
• Measure areas before commencing works and plan job in some occasions.
• Prepare flooring for work, making correction to uneven sub-floor: sweep, scrape, sand or grind, fill cracks with ardit, feather compound or self-leveler, within others.
• Uplift, remove and clean floor in preparation for materials.
• Replace or repair any defective flooring material.
• Cut flooring product ready for installation, labeling installer work orders and monitoring quality control.
• Install timber, bamboo, laminate, vinyl sheet, vinyl planks and carpet to subfloor, within others.
• Install flooring underlay.
• Provide estimate timeframe for each individual job.
• Leave job site neat and tidy.
• Ensure a safe and efficient work/site environment compliant to Australian OHS standards at all times.
• Monitor materials and stock levels, requesting a need order when required.
• Supervise assistants & apprentices when request.
THE EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• At least 5 years proven experience in the flooring industry or at least with Carpet and Vinyl installation
• Excellent verbal English skills
• Experience in working at residential homes
• Cert 3 in Flooring Technology (advantage)
• Construction White Card
THE REQUIREMENTS, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Expertise in reading and working out job plans
• Great organisational skills with attention to detail
• Ability to work independently and as a team member
• A proven positive work ethic with ability to speak politely
• Solving problem skills
• Enthusiasm and self motivated
• Neat work and a ‘can do’ attitude
• Manual driver’s license
• Blue/White Card is a must
This is an offer for a full time position, with an option for part time.
• Excellent working conditions
· Great hourly rate
• Weekly Pay
• Tools and equipment provided
• Vehicle and expenses supplied during work hours
• Uniform supplied
• Immediate start for the right person
If you have what is required for, and wish to apply for this position, please forward your resume with at least 2 contactable employer references to [email protected] .
To streamline the recruitment process, please attached copies of photo ID, trade papers and state your availability.
We are ready to interview suitable candidates immediately, however only short listed applicants who meet the minimum requirements will be contacted. The suitable candidate will require Police background check.
About Terra Flooring
Terra Flooring is a South East Queensland’s reliable mobile shop that supplies a variety of floor coverings, with a track record of an affordable and dependable service. Client satisfaction is our core mission. We highly believe that our job is not done until they are completely satisfied with our services and as a team orientated company we expect each member of Terra Flooring team to embrace our culture and adopt our values.