St Luke’s Care is an independent, not-for-profit, charitable organisation that has delivered excellence in health and aged care for over 90 years. Our Hospital, Aged Care facility and Home Care service are all committed to providing the highest quality of care. The impressive work culture and staff development promotes successful careers.
St Luke’s Hospital consists of a day surgery unit, rehabilitation unit, two medical/surgical wards and four operating theatres. St Luke’s Care’s major specialties are hand surgery, ENT, orthopaedics, plastics, gynaecology, paediatrics, and general surgery.
We are currently seeking qualified and experienced orthopaedics scrub/scout nurses for our hospital.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Provide advanced clinical expertise, leadership and operational support to the orthopaedic service within the operating theatre environment.
- Demonstrated commitment to ensuring that clinical practice within the department is in accordance with the Australian College of Operating Room Nurses (ACORN) standards.
- Provide mentorship to scrub staff in the orthopaedic specialty.
- Proven experience and up to date knowledge in the Orthopaedics specialty including able to scrub for joint replacement procedures.
- Knowledge of operating room standards and quality improvement principles.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate and manage operating theatre lists efficiently.
- Proven leadership and conflict resolution skills.
- Advanced written and verbal skills.
- Computer literacy.
- Unconditional AHPRA Registration as a Registered Nurse
- Proven experience and up to date knowledge in the Orthopaedics specialty
- Willing to obtain a visa and relocate to Sydney, Australia
What’s in it for you?
- Subsidised accommodation located minutes away from the iconic Bondi Beach
- Competitive remuneration package including salary packaging options to improve net income
- Flexibility in terms of contract duration
- Secure work for the duration of the contract
- Guaranteed Christmas and New Years’ off
- Friendly and supportive team culture
- Training and development opportunities
If you are a passionate nurse who believes in our mission of “providing quality care with a personal touch”, please submit your application to St Luke’s Care at [email protected]
PROOF OF ELIGIBILTY TO WORK IN AUSTRALIA MUST BE PROVIDED
ONLY SHORT LISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED
All positions at St Luke’s Care are subject to the relevant character and probity checks including working with children checks.