St Luke’s Care is an independent, not-for-profit, charitable organisation that has delivered excellence in health and aged care for over 90 years in the Eastern Suburbs of Sydney. St Luke’s Hospital consists of a day surgery unit, rehabilitation unit, two medical/surgical wards and four operating theatres. St Luke’s Care’s major specialties are hand surgery, ENT, orthopaedics, plastics, gynaecology, paediatrics, and general surgery.
We are currently seeking passionate and caring nurses to join our Theatres department working in either the Anaesthetic/Recovery or Orthopaedics specialty on a full-time basis. You must be willing to relocate to Sydney, Australia to be successful for this role. You must also be willing to obtain a valid visa to work in Australia (Sponsorship will be available for the right candidate).
As an Anaesthetic/Recovery nurse, you will be responsible for:
- Demonstrating competence, accountability and responsibility for the delivery of safe, high quality and patient-centred nursing care
- Demonstrating an understanding of relevant standards, legislation, policies and protocols applicable to the provision of safe nursing care
- Working in collaboration with the Peri-Operative team
- Active participation in thorough clinical handover to ensure responsibility and accountability for some or all aspects of patient care
As an Orthopaedics Scrub Nurse, you will be responsible for:
- Providing advanced clinical expertise and operational support to the Orthopaedic service within the Operating Theatre environment.
- Demonstrating commitment to ensuring that clinical practice within the department is in accordance with ACORN standards.
- Providing mentorship to junior scrub staff in the Orthopaedic specialty.
- Delivering a high standard of patient care
- Minimum 1 years’ recent experience as an Anaesthetics and/or Recovery Nurse OR
- Minimum 4 years’ recent experience scrubbing for major Orthopaedics cases
- High standards of patient care
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Current BLS/ALS Training
- Computer literacy
- Willingness to upgrade skillsets
What’s in it for you?
- Subsidised accommodation on-site which is just minutes away from the iconic Bondi Beach
- Visa sponsorship available for the right candidate
- Flexible working conditions and hours – short-term and long-term contracts are available!
- Guaranteed Christmas and New Year period off!
- Competitive remuneration packages
- Continuing education allowance
- Salary packaging options to improve your net income
If you are a passionate Nurse who believes in our mission of “providing quality care with a personal touch”, please submit your application including a cover letter and resume detailing how you meet the selection criteria and why you want to relocate to Australia.
Please specify whether you are applying for the Anaesthetics, Recovery or Orthopaedics Scrub Nurse position.
All positions at St Luke’s Care are subject to the relevant character and probity checks including criminal checks.