Do you want to be part of an exciting and empowered team of Equipment Maintenance and Repair, and take care of the biggest container shipping network in the world?
We are looking for an Equipment Maintenance and Repair (EMR) Inspector in New Zealand depots in the Oceania Cluster. As an EMR Inspector, you will be responsible to ensure our container fleet is maintained and repaired according to our global guidelines, in a timely manner together with our suppliers, and deliver sound, safe and clean containers to our customers according to the requirements of their cargo.
Depending on the experience of the candidate, this role may require high travel demands in between major ports in New Zealand include overnight stays.
The EMR Inspector will be based in New Zealand reporting directly into the Country EMR Manager – Oceania.
Maersk Line New Zealand is part of the world’s largest container shipping line that has a history stretching back more than a century. We are a multinational, Fortune 500 company that makes global trade happen. As a Maersk Line employee, you will play a significant role in contributing to the productivity of the New Zealand economy.
Be part of a global diverse organization and work with colleagues around New Zealand and the world.
This role has a high level of autonomy and is a great opportunity to manage others (suppliers) without directly being a manager.
• Ensure our container fleet is maintained and repaired according to our global guidelines, in a timely manner together with our suppliers, and deliver sound, safe and clean containers to our customers according to the requirements of their cargo.
• Work closely with our key stakeholders such as repair shops – (terminal, machinery repair, container repair, etc), Cluster operations team in Auckland, head office, Global service centers, and colleagues around the world in Equipment Maintenance & Repair to deliver the most competitive product for our customers.
• Provide assistance and support to the country Equipment Maintenance & Repair Manager by taking ownership of, and contributing to the success of all Equipment Maintenance & Repair Projects.
• Continuously promote and improve efficiencies with our South Island vendors by consistently striving to streamline current, and initiating new processes within the Equipment Maintenance & Repair function in New Zealand.
Who we are looking for
• Minimum 3 years work experience in container industry, with local understandings of container repairs, and management. Holding a valid IICL certificate will be advantageous.
• Technical skills within the areas of container inspection, diagnosis, repairs and maintenance in both dry containers and reefer containers will be preferred.
• Competencies: Time management, attention to details, and priority setting skills
• Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal with strong English comprehension.
• Must be eligible to work in New Zealand.
About Maersk Line
Maersk Line is the world’s largest container shipping company, known for reliable, flexible and eco-efficient services. We operate 610 container vessels and provide ocean transportation in all parts of the world. But not only do we power some of the world’s largest ships – we also propel the growth ambitions of businesses and individuals all over our planet. Every day our 7,000 seafarers and 25,000 land-based employees at 374 offices share their expertise with our customers around the world to optimize their supply chains, maximize their distribution networks and most of all realize their business potential. We are devoted to creating simple and reliable solutions for our partners, continuously lifting industry standards and enabling global trade in the most sustainable manner possible. What we do is more than shipping. We deliver promises. Promises from customers and businesses all over the world.