Do you want to join an industry with a profound impact on the lives of millions of people globally?
Do you want to kick start your career in a fast track graduate programme, take on high-impact assignments and challenges and make a difference in a global arena?
If you thrive working with others, have a can-do attitude and have the ambition and passion to excel, the Maersk Liner Graduate Programme (MLGP) can offer you the perfect opportunity to build a long-term, varied and meaningful career in an international environment.
The MLGP is designed to provide a structured, accelerated and ambitious graduate development programme for bright and dynamic professionals across a range of Operations disciplines. The programme will support and challenge you through learning and talent practices to ensure that developmental opportunities are maximised to the benefit of both the participants and the company.
“At Maersk our strong focus on diversity is a natural outcome of a company with a strong talent focus, mind-set and culture.”
A challenging and rewarding opportunity where we will provide you with the framework to build a longterm career in the global trade and transportation industry. During the Graduate Programme, you will have vast opportunities and be part of a truly international group of passionate and ambitious professionals. Together you will:
• Build your knowledge from working with world-class experts within the shipping and business fields, in your rotational assignments and in the four global Maersk Liner Graduate Programme seminars.
•Build a global network that you can leverage in your future interactions to enable collaboration and career.
• Be significantly exposed to high-level leaders to ensure that theoretical insights are continuously linked to concrete business challenges.
• Become part of a diverse team where we play to win and ‘we’ always comes before ‘I’.
• You will join a team of colleagues who have robust functional acumen, strong insight, informed opinions and passion for the dynamics behind global trade. Together you will collaborate in executing strategies and reaching the business objectives of your assigned department.
• You will take part in four seminars across Asia, Europe and North America, where you will receive knowledge and business insights into the Shipping Industry. The seminars will challenge and inspire you to enhance your personal competences, and deploy them in your rotational assignments.
• You will steer your career. We provide you with a framework of business insights and developmental support. With continual support from your manager and HR, we empower you to be the captain of your career by delivering, learning and reflecting on your own development.
There will be 2-3 job rotations in 2 years and job responsibilities will vary accordingly. Role will be based mainly in Auckland, New Zealand office.
Who we are looking for
• Masters’s degree level education (this is preferred and not essential) in Business, Logistics or related discipline with a maximum of 3 years’ work experience after graduation in parallel with education or between degrees.
• Ambitious individual with a passion and drive to excel.
• An international mind-set and excellent command of English (both spoken and written).
• A pragmatic and holistic thinker.
• Resourceful and flexible with strong capabilities to prioritise, optimise and perform in a highpaced environment.
• Strong desire to pursue a long term career within the Operations part of the business.
• International mobility and travels are expected.
Applicant must be eligible to work in New Zealand.
Interested applicants may submit the application online by clicking the link or contact the Global Recruitment Centre in Manila, Philippines. Please see below
JOB LINK: http://www.maersk.com/en/the-maersk-group/career/vacancies?t=jobs&jl=EN&c=New%20Zealand
CONTACT PERSON: Chris Abarintos
+632 4237585 Ext. 5750
About Maersk Line
Maersk Line is the world’s largest container shipping company, known for reliable, flexible and eco-efficient services. We operate 610 container vessels and provide ocean transportation in all parts of the world. But not only do we power some of the world’s largest ships – we also propel the growth ambitions of businesses and individuals all over our planet. Every day our 7,000 seafarers and 25,000 land-based employees at 374 offices share their expertise with our customers around the world to optimize their supply chains, maximize their distribution networks and most of all realize their business potential. We are devoted to creating simple and reliable solutions for our partners, continuously lifting industry standards and enabling global trade in the most sustainable manner possible. What we do is more than shipping. We deliver promises. Promises from customers and businesses all over the world.